Monday, January 13, 2014

Here we go!


Ok, today is day 1 of the "Belly Blast" diet, a three week kick start to a lifestyle change. I have no idea what I will do with this blog, but I wont be able to go back in time to record this journey, so I am just starting here.


These next three days is the detox portion of the diet. Its going to be tough, but great (by faith). This morning's breakfast - Green smoothie. Today's recipe was:


1 cup water

1 cup strawberries
1 banana
juice from one cutie orange
big handful of spinach

Blended up in the ninja. Tastes healthy. Not bad, just... you know - not good :) 


But, I've been praying about this change, and in this environment of opportunity, I believe we can finally do this differently!


I want food to help create a healthy body, give my body what it needs to produce. Am hoping that I/we wont be so tired, and that of course we will lose some weight. But mostly I want to be healthy, I want to do my part so that if I get sick when I am older it wont be because I didn't take care of myself my whole life. I want to be strong and I want to have a strong heart. I want to be able to exercise without  getting winded so easily.

And I want to set a better example, albeit late, for my daughters and nieces.


And, I figure if this "fat girl" who LOOOOVESS me some food and has always had SO much trouble meal planning, and exercising and being consistent... well, if I can do it, anyone should be able to do it, right!


So, I plan to keep track of recipes and this journey and see where it goes. 


I plan to sacrifice what I am used to for some time to change my habits and then I hope/plan to develop healthy meal options that TASTE YUMMY. 


So, here's to day 1.


xo


Chels


Update: 10AM... this smoothie thing kind of makes my tummy feel weird. All these foreign items maybe. Probably just my head. Going to have a little bit of coffee. Its technically not on the diet, but... one thing at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment