Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Trying not to complain...

Ok, i'm not trying too hard... I am SO hungry. I know its a combination of mental and physical. The mental part is far more torturous!

But man, I can't wait until Thursday. I have just been DYING for a scoop of hummus or an egg or a spoonful of peanut butter. My my how quickly things change. I guess that's a good outcome of the detox days.

Today's meal was a smoothie, this time I made a batch like this and split into 3:

1 cup strawberries
1 cup mango
1 banana
two big handfuls of baby spinach
water

Not great. Chugged today, not sipped.


I think the mental part is getting to me in that I would just rather not eat than scarf down raw veggies. What a brat, huh?

I did roast some broccoli in a little olive oil (2 TBS for 6 cups of broccoli) and that was tasty. So that was lunch. Plus some apple slices. And a cup of hot green tea.

I tried to eat a salad with this dressing I discovered last night... but I couldn't scarf it down. The dressing was better than just lemon though!

Blend avocado, lemon juice, cucumber (peeled), garlic, salt and pepper and cumin... with a little olive oil. Not bad. 

Maybe this blog will help me keep perspective.. as I write I feel like a complainer.. and what I have been trying to focus on is gratitude. I have a fridge full of fresh healthy food and clean running water. Life's not so bad. So, praying for grace to die to my flesh on this and make it through what I said I'd do and to really change.

I did have coffee today and yesterday. I probably will still, but will try to wean myself off of it.

Forgot to bring dinner today and have women's group, so looking for somewhere I can get a smoothie or something on my way.

Until tomorrow y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment